NGL fractionation facilities process mixed NGL streams into purity NGL products: ethane, propane, normal butane, isobutane and natural gasoline. The three primary sources of mixed NGLs fractionated in the United States are domestic natural gas processing plants, crude oil refineries and imports of butane and propane mixtures. The mixed NGLs sourced from domestic natural gas processing plants and crude oil refineries to our NGL fractionation facilities are typically transported by NGL pipelines and, to a lesser extent by railcar and truck.
Enterprise owns interests in 15 NGL fractionation facilities located in Texas, Louisiana, and Ohio. These facilities are linked by pipelines to some of the largest consumers of NGLs in the United States and to international markets through the partnership's import/export terminal on the Houston Ship Channel. Generally, the partnership receives a fee on the volume of NGLs fractionated.
|Facility||Location||Our Ownership Interest||Net Plant (MBPD) (1)||Total Plant (MBPD)|
|Mont Belvieu (eight units)||Texas||Various (2)||572||670|
|Shoup and Armstrong||Texas||100%||93||93|
|Total plant fractionation capacities||928||1,148|
- The approximate net plant capacity does not necessarily correspond to our ownership interest in each facility. It is based on a variety of factors such as the level of volumes an owner processes at the facility and its ownership interest in the facility.
- Six of our eight Mont Belvieu NGL fractionators are held jointly with third parties. We proportionately consolidate a 75% undivided interest in three units and substantially all of a fourth unit. We own a 75% consolidated equity interest in NGL fractionators seven and eight through our majority owned subsidiary, Enterprise EF78 LLC. The remaining two units, NGL fractionators five and six are wholly owned by us.
- Our ownership interest in the Promix fractionator is held indirectly through our equity method investment in Promix.
- Our ownership interest in the BRF fractionator is held indirectly through our equity method investment in Baton Rouge Fractionators LLC ("BRF").
- We proportionately consolidate our undivided 69.1% interest in the Tebone fractionator.
For more information on the assets, please refer to the most recent Form 10-K or Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other SEC filings.